Little Steps: an early years resource promoting Personal, Social and Emotional Development for 3 to 5 years old available at £12.99
This resource provides a range of ideas to enable practitioners to meet the needs of the 3-5 year olds in both statutory and non-statutory early years settings.
- supports the Safeguarding agenda
- encourages empowerment for all those supporting community cohesion
- promotes self-awareness and self-confidence
- provides opportunities for children to use and apply their learning to enquiry and problem solving
- has a resource bank of ideas and activities which encourages critical thinking
The materials contain:
- a self-evaluation audit of current PSE practice in the setting
- guidance and ideas for working effectively in partnership with parents
- effective planning for PSE
- a curriculum resource bank containing ideas for activities and assessment linked to relevant stories, poems and music a background paper on observation and assessment.
The materials are linked DIRECTLY to the revised Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum in England and to the relevant guidance documents for Early Years work in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
‘The evaluation of the resource has been excellent'
School Improvement Adviser, East Riding
‘Little Steps’ was developed in partnership with Birmingham City Council and Cheshire County Council.
Lions Lifeskills - formerly the charity Tacade